The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) maintains this server to enhance public access to classification data. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are identified, please contact us and we will endeavour to correct them.
Disclaimer Tree Structure: National Offices and EUIPO
The classification of goods and services is subject to article 2 paragraph 1 of the Nice Agreement, and serves administrative purposes only. Usage of the tree structure is without prejudice to legal decisions concerning genuine use, or similarity and/or identity between goods and/or services. Such decisions can only be taken by the competent authorities.
Disclaimer Tree Structure: WIPO
The tree structure has been developed by the EUIPO and the National Offices of the EU with the collaboration of WIPO. Although the tree structure is based on the Nice classification it is not an official part of the Nice classification system. It does not have any legal effect in trade mark examination or in the comparison of goods and services. This is without prejudice to the possibility of using the tree structure as an administrative tool in the specification of goods and services on a voluntary basis.
However, we accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the material on this site. This material is:
- classification data that has been sourced from the individual classification databases of the offices that are participating in TMclass. Each office is responsible for their own data. Please note that classification terms accepted by one participating office may not be acceptable by another office.
- information of a general nature only which is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which we have no control and for which we assume no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if specific advice is required, please consult a suitably qualified professional).
This disclaimer is not intended to contravene any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
Copyright Notice © EUIPO, 2006 - 2016
The European Union Intellectual Property Office maintains this server to enhance public access to classification data.
Reproduction is authorized, except for commercial purposes, provided that their source and inauthentic character are acknowledged and that it is mentioned that they have been provided free of charge.
While our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate, we cannot guarantee either. If errors are identified, please contact us and we will endeavour to correct them.
Information on TMclass does not necessarily engage the responsibility either of the participating national offices, the European Institutions or the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Each office retains the copyright on the data contained in their classification database which can be accessed via TMclass. The official logos of the national offices and the EUIPO (including the TMclass logo), may only be used under the expressed permission of the office concerned.
Links to the copyright notices of each office are listed below.
- EUIPO: http://euipo.europa.eu/geinfo/copyright_en.htm
- Sweeden: http://www.prv.se/om_prv/upphovsratt/start.html
- United Kingdom: http://www.patent.gov.uk/disclaimer.htm
- Portugal: http://www.inpi.pt/irj/go/km/docs/documents/html_inpi/avisos_legais_pt.htm
- Czech Republic: http://isdvapl.upv.cz/servlet/page?_pageid=82,315&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30
- Germany: http://www.dpma.de/amt/kontakt/impressum/index.html
- Poland: http://ipu.uprp.pl/portal/web/guest/disclaimer
- Spain: http://www.oepm.es/es/avisoLegal.html
- Slovak Republic: http://www.upv.sk/index.php?lang=en
Benelux Dutch: https://portal.boip.int/nl/popups/algemenevoorwaarden-compleet.htm
Benelux French: https://portal.boip.int/fr/popups/algemenevoorwaarden-compleet.htm
- Denmark: Confidentiality notice: http://www.dkpto.dk/nyttig-information/fortrolighed.aspx
- Malta: http://commerce.gov.mt/footer-disclaimer.asp
- Ireland: http://www.patentsoffice.ie/